Center for Public Health PracticeSupervisor: Andrea Janota
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Health Information Management, Health Sciences, Informatics, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Join the IUPUI ECHO Center to learn how to use technology to improve the health of people where they live, work, and play! LHSI interns with the IUPUI ECHO Center will network with medical, behavioral, and public health providers through our innovative educational platform, Project ECHO. Project ECHO uses technology to create learning communities for healthcare providers across the state to increase access to care and reduce health disparities. The IUPUI ECHO Center currently runs programs surrounding medical conditions and community health outcomes such as Hepatitis C, HIV, LGBTQ+ care, Cancer Screening and Prevention, Integrated Pain Management, Mitigating Opioid-Related Overdose, Peer Education in Department of Correction, Judicial Opioid Initiatives, and COVID-19 response.
- Internship Duties:
- Typical tasks in this internships will include data entry, assisting with live ECHO meetings, creating e-blast communications, and learning about important public health topics. Students may also have the opportunity to help lead event planning for projects like poverty simulations and drug take backs. Our work is always changing, so there are frequent opportunities to get involved with new initiatives as they arise!
- An interest in learning more about the practice of public health in Indiana. Ability to be open minded to new ideas and projects. Ability to operate independently and in a team environment. Ability to be organized and prepared to offer new ideas to projects. Ability to communicate in a clear, timely, and effective manner. Ability to successfully handle multiple assignments across different projects.