PsychiatrySupervisor: Dr. Amy Williams
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Majors Preferred:
Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- 7-9 hours
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Psychosocial and physiological factors contributing to risk, morbidity, and treatment response in pediatric chronic pain. My research focuses on psychological factors associated with pediatric pain. In particular, I am interested in pain coping and adjustment, strategies to identify children at risk for development of chronic pain or worse outcomes (including responses to experimental pain testing), and improving interventions to prevent and/or treat chronic pain conditions in children and adolescents.
- Internship Duties:
- Data management and analysis, management of research documentation and records, opportunities for preparation of presentations or manuscripts for publication, literature reviews, research coordinator tasks.
- Attention to detail, Experience with Excel or SPSS