Biochemistry and Molecular BiologyMentor Name: Clark Wells
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- Must be appropriate for biomedical research e.g. No open toed shoes.
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Research into the causes and potential treatments for brain cancer.
We are exploring basic mechanisms that control cellular morphology that are disrupted during the early development of
cancer. In parallel approaches we are exploiting these findings to develop strategies for preventing tumor progression.
- Internship Duties:
- An independent research project will be established in which the student will investigate a specific aspect of research related to understanding and treating brain cancer.
- Preferred: Cell biology, Chemistry